Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:55:06 AM EDT
I am looking for a QD one piece scope mount for my flat top AR.  I will be using a Burris Tactical 2-7x35.  It is important that it holds zero when I put it back on.  I am considering the LaRue (SPR-1.5 I think).  
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have always had good luck with Larue products. I am sure you will got a lot of the same answer here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 Larue is the best.
ARMS is another option, but many don't like them for reasons relating to their long term reliability.
YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My recommendation is for the Larue as well. Well built, well backed and they work all so well.

stumo
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the answer.

Seriously, this mess is top notch.

Yes, it's expensive.  Yes, it's worth it.  I shoot rifle matches with an AR, and last year embarked on a quest to find a scope mount that would satisfy the following requirements:

1) Provide truly repeatable zero to facilitate using a scope during matches, and a detachable carry handle at all other times.  The LaRue mount does meet this requirement.  If it did not, this would be immediately apparent given the application.

2) Position the center of the scope tube at the proper height above the bore (or above the top of the rail - however you want to look at it), in order to facilitate a cheek weld identical to the one used with iron sights.  Check.

3) Position the ocular lens of the scope at the proper (fore and aft) position so that the proper eye relief is provided.  With the AR platform, a cantilever design is required in order for this to happen.  Check.

After shopping around for scope mounting options, the LaRue mount was repeatedly suggested, and I almost crapped in my britches when I saw the price relative to the alternatives.  I went ahead and bought their model LT-104, and can suggest this mount without reserve.

LaRue also offers their model LT139, which cantilevers the scope farther forward for appropriate applications.  Certainly one of these two would satisfy your requirements.

I have nothing to gain from LaRue's selling product.  I'm just completely sold on this particular mount, as well as other LaRue QD mounts that I have personal experience with.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Friend of mine bought a LaRue off set(forward) mount. I don't know what it's called. It is by far the best AR scope mount I've ever handled.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
LaRue SPR - End of thread
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
LaRue SPR - End of thread

yep.  If LaRue makes a mount for it then that is the proper choice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Will LaRue still allow you to trade in your ADM mount after you realize what a POS it is?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top