Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2008 4:24:02 PM EDT
Im a new AR owner and while i have shot AR's,i have no clue how to zero my sights.

I want to zero my EOTech 552 and my flip-up A.R.M.S. BUIS sight.

Any tips?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Bore sighter to get close then shoot paper for precise zeroing in.

That’s at least what I do with new sights and optics.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have iron sights that are zero'd?  Use those to zero the Eotech and then go to the range to finish.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No I havnt even put on the lower half yet.

Its completely fresh.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Start with the iron sights at 25 yards to get you on paper.  Then move out to 50 yards and zero the irons.  With iron sights you adjust windage (left and right) with the rear sight.  Move the sight in the direction you want to bullets to move on the target.  You adjust elevation (up and down) with the front sight.  You move the front sight down to raise point or impact and up to lower it on the target.  Now mount the Eotech and while co-witnessing with the iron sights adjust the center dot so it it right on top of the front sight post.  Shoot with Eotech at 50 yards to verify it is zeroed and you are done.  If it is not precisely zeroed follow the instructions that came with the Eotech to move the point of impact to coincide with the iron sights.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top