Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:58:58 PM EDT

I've had a comp M2 on my M4gery in a vintage cantilever mount for a number of years.  A while ago I ordered a LaRue LT-129 (M68 CCO) Aimpoint mount along with an LT-649-30 Magnifier Pivot Mount.  I received my Aimpoint 3X today and mounted the whole shebang on my old M4gery.  It's simply a fantastic setup.

I may be the last person on earth to realize this but I'm glad I finally did.

The mounts work perfectly and I can't get over how nice the 3X Magnifier works along with how smoothly it pivots.  I can't wait to shoot this carbine with the new set up.  The LaRue mounts are nicer than my old mount because there aren't any parts to lose.  While removing my old cantilever mount I over-loosened the "wing nut" and had one piece in my hand and two on the floor.  With the LaRue that simply can't happen.

I've had this carbine for ten years and have tried a variety of different optics on it including a couple of different ACOGs.  I think that this combo will best suit my needs and remain on this rifle indefinitely.  Many thanks to Aimpoint for making optics that work and to LaRue for making them work even better.

OK, off to go finger bang the carbine some more.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a pic?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can you post a pic?

I left the camera at the job.  Maybe tomorrow.

Not my carbine but I found this one on the web:

i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/molsen2295/USMC03/Colt%20with%20Aimpoint/IMG_0039a.jpg
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a LT-129 that got shipped out today.  I'm really looking forward to it.

I won't have a magnifier because I don't have any need for one, but I sure am looking forward to getting my hands on that mount
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought a LT-129 that got shipped out today.  I'm really looking forward to it.

I won't have a magnifier because I don't have any need for one, but I sure am looking forward to getting my hands on that mount

You're going to L-O-V-E it.  I just got another LT-104 today and there was so much extra good stuff in the box I feel like a thief.

I also forgot the camera at work again.  I'm sorry.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top