Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:32:42 PM EDT
I'm deciding on EOTech or Aimpoint, and I've read all about both sides, and really all I'm worrying about now is if the front sight will bother me. So, I'll ask the hivemind. If I decide EOTech, I'm not going to get any mount for it, just a 512 and a GG&G BUIS. If I go Aimpoint, I'll probably go with a ML3 and a Larue mount, and hopefully i'll have enough for a BUIS. Thanks in advance for any info.

Tyler
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean "does it bother me"?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If your setup is a fixed front sight, EOTech/Aimpoint, and a BUIS setup for complete co-witness, does the front sight bother you...I guess I could have worded it better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
No, the front sight "ghosts" when looking through my EOtech.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just moved my head so the FSP was not in front of the crosshairs on the EOTech...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I prefer it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't bother me at all.  Remember, you aren't looking through the sight like a scope, you are looking at your target with your weak eye and your dominate eye is looking through your optic.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
No , it's how I set up mine with the AP ML3 - I like it better that way.

-JC
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer to have as much of my target un-obscured as possible, so even the "shadow" of the out of focus front sight bothers me, I much prefer it in the lower 1/3.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I shaved my FSB and bought a FF rail/front BUIS so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying shadow in my field of view.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
I shaved my FSB and bought a FF rail/front BUIS so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying shadow in my field of view. I considered changing out my FSB for a picatinny gas block and folding front sight, but I just can't bring myself to do it, I just like the way the original front sight looks on these rifles.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
If I had the money I would replace even the front with a flip-up front sight, but I also really don't know how to install them in the first place, or what I would need for a good one (I'm also lazy). I really wish I could hold a rifle and see, but that option is unavailable
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top