Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:36:04 PM EDT
i have a dpms upper with a non f marked front sight post and i am running an arms 40l rear sight.  it seems like i am having some elevation issues when shooting with just irons.  is this because of the sights i am using?  i ask cause i dont claim to be the worlds best shooter.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I to have the Arms 40L on the rear. It is marked .75 MOA. The front sight should only be moving the bullet .5 to 1 inch at 100 yards.  If this is your first AR you may need adjusting to this sight picture.  The bottom of the intended taget should be at the top of your sight post. If you were shooting at a orange circle your sight picture would be a lowercase "i" dotted with the orange circle.  Also, when gently squeezing the trigger with slow steady pressure during an outward breath, the front sight's center post should be the only thing 100% in focus. The rest should be slightly blurred.  CHeck the threads for proper sight alignment and trigger pull and then you can cross them off the list and then blame the abilities of a $125 retail sight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I to have the Arms 40L on the rear. It is marked .75 MOA. The front sight should only be moving the bullet .5 to 1 inch at 100 yards.  If this is your first AR you may need adjusting to this sight picture.  The bottom of the intended taget should be at the top of your sight post. If you were shooting at a orange circle your sight picture would be a lowercase "i" dotted with the orange circle.  Also, when gently squeezing the trigger with slow steady pressure during an outward breath, the front sight's center post should be the only thing 100% in focus. The rest should be slightly blurred.  CHeck the threads for proper sight alignment and trigger pull and then you can cross them off the list and then blame the abilities of a $125 retail sight.

definitely not my first ar.  when im using the scope even on 1x the gun is super accurate.  when i go to irons it gets iffy, not bad, but not great.  maybe im just out of practice
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You are probably going to need a taller front site post. These are used on the non F height site bases in conjunction with the flat top receiver. I had to get one for one of my carbines to get the elevation adjustment I needed. Bushmaster and Delton sell them for under $10.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top