Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 5:25:41 PM EDT
It seems like all the BUIS talk is about rear sights, I'm looking into options for the front.  Cant wait to get rid of the stock FSB for a flip up so its out of the way.

Eventually I'm going to install a smooth FF tube and a gas block with pic rails.  Who makes a good flip sight for gas block instalation?  I have a troy rear flip, but their fronts look like they are only made to install on a FF tube rails which will be too short.

Planning on a DPMS gas block.

So, who do I look for so I dont run into the whole "I'm shooting 6" high at 25 yds" problem?

Throw some names out there and I'll start searching and reading.  If you have pics that would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.

ETA:  Found the YHM sight, any others?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i do believe that MI has Flip up front sights for gas blocks also

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=79

I myself went with a YHM flip up front sight because i am using a YHM single rail gas block
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Try usin the YHM assembly. It has a built in filp up sight and can be had with a rail on the bottom. They are made of steel so you would have less erosion problems. I used an aluminum quad gas block on my new prarie dog gun and after 3 days and about 220 rounds the block had erosion around the port.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as there is a good finnish between the aluminum gas block and steel barrel there should be no problems with galvanitic corrosion between the two.  I dont plan on the gas block actually being used for anything but a sight mount.  I'm planning on running a rifle length FF tube on my 16" barrel, maintaining the stock sight block but cut down to fit under the tube, and adding the extra gas block and sight.

This will give me more forearm area to grip, rest on bags, etc, while maintaining the manouverability of a 16" barrel.  The increased sight radius is a bonus, overall I just think it looks damn cool.

This is the look I'm going for.

Its a lot shorter than it looks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top