Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:28:26 PM EDT
Having used a lot of aimpoints and eotechs i got very comfortable with the bright dot, unfortunatly my eyes cried out for a little magnifacation. now that the 1-4x's are popular i thought i'd look into them. i got the millett first for about $200.00..here it is on my fal

i love it!! i got rid of a acog i had on my ar cause i really wanted a variable. i got a chance to look thru a S&B short dot that a richer than me dude had at the range. i liked the way the dot was bright in the daytime..like a aimpoint..but $2000.00 plus told me i ain't gonna get one anytime soon. and to tell the truth thru my 49 yo eyes my millet looked as clear as his scope. i'm sure maybe younger eyes could pick out the differences but my burris and millet looked as sharp and clear as the S&B..i bought the burris for my ar cause you guys here have always spoken pretty well abot burris glass and workmanship..here it is on my ar

last but not least..my cheap chinese vector/countersniper scope on my gsg-5

you guys have been trashing this scope for awhile here but i bought one anyhow.i paid $186.00 for it..i also bought a clone/chinese larue tacticle mount for it..$50.00 bucks..i just dont have enough money to deck out a 22lr with expensive name brand stuff..anyhow this combo hooked up real well..the glass is good with the vector..the target turrets are real nice with precise audible clicks and the reticule grows as you zoom unlike the other two..im not sure if thats first or second plane stuff. i wish the scopes could integrate the technology to make their reticule as bright in the daylight as a acog, to me thats there one big drawback. i also like the reticule of the burris better than my inverted chevron acog. they both have holdovers and the acog 's glow in daylight better but i can be more accurate with that little dot in the horseshoe..i wish millett would come out with a bdc reticule..i almost forgot..the packaging

millets is the best of the three..also i dont much like the power zoom thing on the burris. it makes it hard to use a flip up lens cap as the whole rear of the scope turns when zooming. to sum everything up.. i love the millet, as i use the burris i think i'll love that too. today was my first day with it..as for the chinese scope...its way worth what i paid for it but i thought it was a bit much on my gsg-5..i took it off and relaced it with a holosight from bushnell..i'll sell the scope and clone mount in the ee
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same idea, I bought a cheap Barska 1.25-4.5x26 scope to see if the idea would work out for me. I have it mounted on a V-22 upper.

Looks like a good compromise for a variety of different ranges.

I'll be upgrading in the future. The Barska is all the 22Lr upper needs though.

www.opticsplanet.net/picture-1-barska-1-4x26-euro-30-riflescope-ac10018.html

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the DMS-1 and I absolutely love it. It is a heavy bastard though
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you post some pics of the burris reticle?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you post some pics of the burris reticle?

I'd like to see it in real life and not PDF format also.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top