Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:01:06 AM EDT
So after ordering my AR and now setting in for the long wait, I have been doing a little research to get a versatile quality optics setup. I am looking at a Trijicon Accupoint in either a 1.25-4 or 3-9 variable. What I am looking for is a back up sight that mounts to the scope to allow mounting a compact red dot. I want to run more of a traditional scope but  also have a red dot for shorter distance engagements. I saw a picture of one online somewhere and am now kicking myself for not saving the link to the setup.

So to all you optics experts thanks in advance for you help. It kind of looks like an ACOG with the Red dot mounted on it, but mounted offset to the smaller diameter sections of the scopes. In the mean time I'll be racking the net to see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Like these? Linky
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcome. I had been racking my brains to try and find those mounts. I know the picture I saw was probably just in passing while looking at some scope mount options. Didn't even realize it was something I was interested in until I thought about it. The Larue tactical mounts look nice, but those pictany ring mounts are exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for the tip and I'll be picking one of those up soon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top