Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2008 4:44:26 PM EDT
I am thinking about taking the plunge and finally getting the aimpoint micro.

My plan is to use it on a 14.5 Carbine with Troy backup sights. What height mount would be appropriate for this? Larue offers Tall, Medium and Short.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am thinking about taking the plunge and finally getting the aimpoint micro.

My plan is to use it on a 14.5 Carbine with Troy backup sights. What height mount would be appropriate for this? Larue offers Tall, Medium and Short.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Get this mount and T-1...just got the flip mount with Hensoldt today...I must say, I love the flip mount, but HATE the Hensoldt....apparently I got one of the duds...the ENTIRE field of view is an absolute blur...very disappointing.  Maybe there's a chance Larue would swap one out with me even they they say NO WARRANTY with the Po'Boys....

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the medium height mount?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
you need the tall mount for a standard flat top
it gives you a lower third cowitness with irons.

the medium is for an hk piston I believe.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you need the tall mount for a standard flat top
it gives you a lower third cowitness with irons.

the medium is for an hk piston I believe.

That is correct.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, The tall mount it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]
is Larue gonna make an absolute co-witness mount?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
You can slap a 1/4" arms spacer and arms rail on a larue 17 base and use the standard aimpoint micro mount and get pretty close and have a nice sandwich looking thing.

IMO the lower third mount is necessary for the micro's smaller tube if you use the irons with the dot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#9]
DO you guys zero you T1s higher than you irons. I was thinking that If I ever got one that I'd want to put the dot right on top of my irons but the lower third co-witness height would leave your dot in the bottom of the tube. Am I missing something?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top