Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2008 3:57:55 PM EDT
I would like to find out if it is worth buying or not.  I would only be using it to go the range or plinking in the desert, no combat or police work.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont know about on an AR platform, but i have a buddy the shoots IPSC with one on his glock.  i think he paid $100 or so on ebay for it, and hes had it a year.  its got to be more brutal on top of that 9mm pistol than on an AR, and its lasted longer than we all expected.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a G&P 551 clone.

Standard screw mounts suck.(kept coming loose) *fixed problem with loctite.

Holds a zero (16in. AR carbine)

Bright enough to see in daylight. (with the green rec.)

I get some glare off the glass.

I don't know about battery life yet (havent had to replace mine)

The recticle is the problem for ME. It's a standard 65moa ring with a *advertised 8moa dot. The dot is a tad bigger than 8moa. (more like 10+moa)

I think I payed $75 bucks shipped.

These things are for the range only. I would never trust it with my life.

I don't know what kind of plinkin you do, but @100yds, shooting for tight groups is out of the question.

If all you want to do is get on man-sized targets quickly at 50yds. or less it will work.

Seriously though, just save the $75 in your sock droor, and put it towards the real thing. Or if you want a lightly used one, shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i almost got fooled a couple weekends ago from a random guy at a gunshow selling one for $250.  he didn't say it was fake.

I couldn't tell it was fake, and almost jumped on it.
I should have been suspicious...because the reticle was green.

I ran into him later on and said he unloaded it for $225 to some poor shmo; he admitted to me at that point it was fake.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
For what you are looking for I would recommend the SPOT.
http://www.csgunworks.com/product_images/3144.jpg

S.P.O.T. (Superior Precision Optical Technologies) Red Dot Spotting Scope / Mark III High Quality, 30mm Red Dot Spotting Scope. 3MOA Dot, 150 hour run time, Water Resistant, 11 position, rheostat, Cantilever Scope Mount Included

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CSGUNWORKS on the HIDE

thanks but I want the look of the eotech which is why I want the ebay one IF it where to at least hold zero.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The Bushnell HoloSight IS an EOTech, just cheaper.  Save the dough and buy one of them then you won't have to ask the above question.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top