User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2008 10:44:43 AM EDT
Anybody had any experience with these?
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Put one on my Rem. 11-87 20g Nuisance permit deer gun. Very clear. Love the reticule. Perfect for my application and priced right.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess what I am asking is Mueller a decent brand of scope?  I think that the glass is Japanese and it's an American company with a lifetime guarantee.

www.muelleroptics.com/products/MU2732IGR.html
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple Mueller scopes and have been very happy with them. Both rifles will shoot 1/2" moa using Muellers.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe Muellers are Chinese, made there and shipped to the USA.  They're decent scopes for the money, and are better than the cheap Chinese scopes like Barska and NCStar, but I'd try to spend more for a better scope.  My 4-16x50 gets dark with very finicky eye relief at the high zooms, but works fine at 10x and below.  It's got low-light illumination, not daytime illumination - you can't see the illumination at all if the sun's out.

The lifetime guarantee is only if you have the original receipt and bought it from an authorized vendor, but you don't have to be the original purchaser.  My used 4-16 had a lens come loose, and they replaced it with a new scope for $25 total because I got the receipt from the guy I bought it from.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback.
I wonder if the 2X minimum magnification would be a serious detriment for rapid target acquisition.  The lowest magnifying optic that I currently have goes down to 2.6X.  Definitely not a CQB instrument.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If you leave the cap closed on the bell and turn the dot on, it wouldn't be a problem at all. With both eyes open, your brain will still percieve the target.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.
I wonder if the 2X minimum magnification would be a serious detriment for rapid target acquisition.  The lowest magnifying optic that I currently have goes down to 2.6X.  Definitely not a CQB instrument.

Overall it's kind of a large scope considering its power range. I'm not sure you'd like it for the CQB application. Also the turret caps are taller than usual for covered caps. The whole thing is somewhat less than low profile.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:
Anybody had any experience with these?

I bought one. Decent chicom glass for a beater woods carbine. It ain't no S&B, though, that's for sure. Beefy and kind of heavy. I wish Leup would offer that shotgun reticle with a illum center dot on a 1-6 or some such. There's a pic in the reticle sticky of the Mueller.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top