Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:53:46 PM EDT
Newbie here, just ordered bushmaster varmiter and was wondering what most people would recomend for 100yd or less plinking, I already have a nice Redfield ESC Red Dot I could use and I have a 6-24 x 50 Scope I can use for predators but I was thinking I would like to try a holo sight rather than use my red dot for short range playing but have no experience with the holo type sights at all, in recomendations and whats the range of the holographic sights, Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say, any range you can hit with irons, you should be able to do with a holo/red-dot, and possibly better.

EOTech makes "okay" sights (i say Okay, because their new batch seems to be having quite a few problems).

The 1moa dot would be good for shooting varmints and such, although if you have the cash, and Aimpoint ML3 with a 2moa dot would be much more reliable.

But for 100 yards or less, pretty much any cheap red-dot sight or holo sight will work fine. Something like a Tasco Pro-point, or a Tru Glo sight would be good, and many of the Tru-Glo and Tasco sights have the ability to use red or green reticles.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top