Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:38:22 PM EDT
Ok, I got my Larue LT104 one piece mount and my Bushnell Elite today.
Per Larue's instructions, I started the bottom screws first. Not super tight, just enough to keep the scope where I wanted it. Then I put in the top screws and tightened eveything up, There is still a gap at the top of the two ring halves. About 1/16". Is this ok or should the two halves be tight togather at the top? Still a noob here, so just not real sure of myself.
Thanks
Jeff
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It's normal that there be a gap between the ring halves.  The gap should be consistant side-to-side or top-and-bottom in the case of verticle split-line rings.  Carefully tighten the rings by tightening the scrrews in a pattern to achieve an even gap.  Most use a little blue Loctite on the final tightening, and there should be a torque value for the screws. Make sure the ring internal surface and scope are clean before tightening.

A little intimidating with the expensive hardware, but proceed carefully and you wont have any problems.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks skipsan,
I think I'm good to go then. Can't wait to try out the new setup.
Jeff
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top