Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2008 7:43:12 AM EDT
I see that they are starting to show up in on-line stores now.

Anyone have one ? I like the new 42mm optic vs the ReflexII's 24mm (which worked just fine as it was).
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I myself would like to as I plan on getting one too
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I see that they are starting to show up in on-line stores now.

Anyone have one ? I like the new 42mm optic vs the ReflexII's 24mm (which worked just fine as it was).

We haven't started shipping yet, should be soon.  Here is a custom painted RX30 we had built.  The coating is not something we are planning to do unless there is enough interest from the consumer.  I'm using the carry handle adapter with a LaRue ACOG mount.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it solve the reticle washout problem w/the earlier Reflex series? Are impacts to the unit still absorbed by the windage & elevation adjustment mechanisms?
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does it solve the reticle washout problem w/the earlier Reflex series? Are impacts to the unit still absorbed by the windage & elevation adjustment mechanisms?
Tomac

We are using a much brighter fiber in the new Reflex, washout has been minimized.  It uses the same base as the current Reflex, it's been subjected to numerous shock testing and vibration testing and we have not experienced an issue with the adjustment mechanisms.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We are using a much brighter fiber in the new Reflex, washout has been minimized.  It uses the same base as the current Reflex, it's been subjected to numerous shock testing and vibration testing and we have not experienced a an issue with the adjustment mechanisms.

I ask because years ago (perhaps there have been changes since then) I had 2 different Reflex sights strip their adjustment mechanisms from moderate impacts to the units. Thx!...
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I see the weight on it is 12.5 ounces.  That is heavy!

Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I see the weight on it is 12.5 ounces.  That is heavy!

That is the weight with the TA51 mount.  It's right inline with any other CQB optic/mount combo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
For some reason on the original ones, the chevron would appear double when I looked through it.  Otherwise I liked it alot.  Maybe I'll have to check this one out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to hear. I like my current Reflex sight and it's built like a tank, but will be trying out the rx30 when it hits actual stores.

Thnx
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Will it be offered in a inverted chevron? I much prefer the inverted chevron to dots or triangles. I've been looking at another Tri-power but this would beat it out if it had the inverted chevron.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Why would you want it inverted?????
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Must admit, I'm quite excited for this optic. Are there any more pics of it mounted on rifles?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Must admit, I'm quite excited for this optic. Are there any more pics of it mounted on rifles?

That's all I have right now, I may be able to mount up another RX30 (standard finish) and post a photo of it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Bullitt, I am wondering how it would look on my US Aug.

Also any plans for Trijicon to make these great battery-less sights with different dots or chevrons?

As much as I currently like my RX20 with the 6.5MOA amber dot, it's not the best for 100yard shooting. A 1 or 2 MOA or a smaller inverted chevron would be sweet.

I looked at an ACOG mini at the store today, and it was amazingly clear and all, but I don't need the 3x magnification on it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top