Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2008 3:54:43 PM EDT
Anyone been able to try pre production models, other than just seeing them at SHOT?  I am interested in them for price and probably lighter weight.  Looking for thoughts from those  in the biz that seem to get items for T&E.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump, had forgot about these from the shotshow. I'm interested.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
no new news  
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
heard they are just making them for the KRISS from a dealer today in Kentuky
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.  The metal sights are for the Kriss.  The MBUS are plastic and will be up and running here in the near future.  Cheers.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Incorrect.  The metal sights are for the Kriss.  The MBUS are plastic and will be up and running here in the near future.  Cheers.

Great news, thanks for the word!
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I was waiting for them but to much delays.. I went with the new MI SPLP, very happy with it.. But the MBUS will be going on my LMT build.. they should be out by then..
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#8]
The metal ones on the KRISS are pretty cool though.  Nice low profile. The ones on the KRISS I handled did not automatically lock back down when you folded them.  Could be the dust or all the handling. Or maybe it is the design.
I did like the way they were machined.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
It's the design...to lock them you have to fold back, then push the button in from the side.  I really like the metal MBUS; it's too bad they aren't offered for sale seperate.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't believe I'm the first to ask this . . . . plastic sights?  
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there an expected MSRP that we can mull over? It is BUIS buying time for me, and I'd hate to buy a #40L and you guys release something I'd rather have for cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought I read something about the price for both front and rear being around $80. Maybe something can verify
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey!  Plastic is Fantastic!
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
If they are as tough as a pmag, count me in if they dont' cost an arm and a leg.
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 5:55:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We got the same looks whit the PMAG.  Proof will be in the pudding.

Est. cost not available yet.

Well played sir.  PMAG rules.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm eager to see how long range CMP shooters will receive such a thing.  The slightest deviation from, say temperature or even a bump, and your 600 yard zero is toast.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey now get it right, its polymer  not plastic
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#19]
as long as they are not bright pink I'll try anything magpul makes...   Hey Dr Drake got anymore of those free/$10 a piece pmags like I got at SWAT Round up
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm eager to see how long range CMP shooters will receive such a thing.  The slightest deviation from, say temperature or even a bump, and your 600 yard zero is toast.

These are BUIS not Primary IRONS you would not use them on a CMP rifle
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If they are as tough as a pmag, count me in if they dont' cost an arm and a leg.

Rumors are a set will cost as much as just a normal rear.. In that case they would be half the price.. not bad.. and their magpul
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top