Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2008 11:27:24 AM EDT
I'm planning on getting an AR SBR in 9mm from a friend of mine (Form 4 to be filled out soon).  It is an A2 upper with fixed shorty buttstock and Surefire dedicated weapon light.  I'm looking for a red dot with the following criteria:

Lightweight
Compact
Durable
Attaches to carry handle with mount over handguard in scout configuration
Able to see irons sights through it
Around or under $300 for the mount and optic

The C-more fits my criteria but I would like opinions on it from those of you who have them.  I'm not looking for long range shots since it is only a 9mm.  I like the Aimpoint Micro and Docter Optics but they are out of my price range for my needs.  I want to stay away from the Tasco's, BSA's, and other knockoffs.  The Burris FastFire may be another option for me.

I talked to my friend who will be transferring the gun to me and he said he originally had a C-more on it and liked it a lot but one problem was in the sunlight the dot was very faint due to no hood over the glass to repel the sunlight.  

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That'll do it.

Either that, or a MidwestIndustries Cantilever for $117,  and a Burris Fastfire $165.00, which includes the Picatinny mount...

That leaves you at $286 before shipping...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top