Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:41:59 AM EDT
My new ACOG showed up today with a Arms 19a mount but I have a question or two.

I need a solution on how to fit a BUIS behind the ACOG. As you can see by the picture below that I have no room for a BUIS unless I move the scope forward. When I move the scope forward to make room for a BIUS it's too far forward for me. I like it mounted as it is.

Is there a solution? Or do I have to move it forward and lay my nose on top of the charge handle to see through the scope? Not very comfortable...hehttp://atvhugger.bizland.com/pics/AR/ACOG0002.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Get some others to post pics but I thing the Larue allows the optic to be in about the same position without blocking that last slot on the upper.

The other option is to mount the BUIS in front of the optic.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the LaRue, doesn't look like it would help much. I reserve the right to be wrong though.

I don't have a flip up BIUS..how much room does it take up? One or two slots?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I looked at the LaRue, doesn't look like it would help much. I reserve the right to be wrong though.

here's a pic (not mine, just one I found) with a larue mount and troy BUIS

Compare the rear of the mount to your ARMS and you'll see that the Larue ends about even with the end of the ACOG part on the bottom while the ARMS has a little shelf that is sticking out and covering that last slot.

I don't have a flip up BIUS..how much room does it take up? One or two slots?

Depends on the sight.  Most take 1 slot.  There are some like the Matech that take more.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You may have to resort to NtCH shooting to get a BUIS under there. That is how I shoot though, so it is no biggie to me. That said, an MATECH will fit under there so damn near any other folding BUIS should fit too.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I wrestled with this very same issue. It didn't matter what mount I used, a Troy sight would not fit behind the ACOG and still allow a comfortable eye relief. I use the back up sights on top of the ACOG, they work fine out to 50 meters or so. In IPSC matches I use the back up sights to engage movers and near targets, and so far the results have been acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I can live with it moved foreward one more slot.

Is this enough room?
http://atvhugger.bizland.com/pics/AR/LMT0017.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is this enough room?
atvhugger.bizland.com/pics/AR/LMT0017.jpg

That is the same place mine is so it should be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hm, you have a retractable stock, collapse it to the second position if it's a 5 or 6 position receiver extension, collapse it completely if it's a Colt 4 position extension.  I've never had eye relief problems with my 4X32 ACOGs.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Duffy,
I shoot it one click in from the rear, it's a 6 position LMT stock.

If I move the scope one more slot forward from where it is in the last pic I'm climbing up on the receiver to get a full view through the scope. It's ok where it is now. I just wasn't sure there was enough room for the BUIS.

How many slots do you see on yours with the BUIS removed?

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is this enough room?
atvhugger.bizland.com/pics/AR/LMT0017.jpg

Depends on the specific BUIS, but the Troy and either of the KAC sights will fit fine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Sorry it isn't a better picture -- ARMS #19S w/ #40
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks alot guys.

I'm going to sight it in tomorrow. I am a bit worried about the scope or scope mount. I just did a bore sighting and I had to turn the scope L-R adjustment a far way the the right to get it bore sighted. I didn't hit a stop but it was about 4 turns. I have the Trijicon mount, the one with two thumb screws, so I may have to try it to see if it's the mount, the scope or the rifle that is wacky.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top