Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:59:22 PM EDT
I want to thank everyone who gave me advice including several who have other systems for sale on the EandE.
I'll put it in a Larue QD.

Thank you Mike Cecil for the price this is the third scope I've purchased from you and your advice has always been excellent.
Pics when I get it going.  It will be on a Colt M-4.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Betcha a dollar it won't be my last.  I have to spend some time at the Naval Post Grad school in Monterery this summer, I plan to drop by and bore you for a while.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up a K-Dot the other day as well.  I have plans to put it in a LaRue SPR-E mount.

I like shooting NTCH, so I thought the SPR-E mount would be the right one for me.  Which one do you plan to get?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You will love the K-Dot... dont forget to adjust the diopter as it comes screwed all the way in and has what appears to be negative magnification at 1X.  A friend who also has an LWRC got one, didnt like the negative magnification at 1X, and sold it before I could get him to simply adjust the diopter correctly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a Larue M193 mount on the EandE.  I plan to have it and an Aim point in the same tactical bag.  Although everyone says that I'll soon put the Aimpoint for sale.  Not me, I'll put it on a Sig 556 or LMT that I plan to get later this year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I picked up a Larue M193 mount on the EandE.  I plan to have it and an Aim point in the same tactical bag.  Although everyone says that I'll soon put the Aimpoint for sale.  Not me, I'll put it on a Sig 556 or LMT that I plan to get later this year.

Do you mean the LT-139 (the extrended eye relief mount) or the LT-135 (1.93" high)?

I have the LT-158 and its the same amount forward as the LT-135 and LT-104 and is 1.42" high compared to the 1.50" height of the regular LT-104 SPR mount.

That amount of cantilever, if put in the front most notch of an AR receiver and with the Meopta as far forward as possible, requires you sitting 1" from the charging handle (which is where I like it).

I find the 1.50" height a tad high for me whcih is why I got the SPR-S LT-158.  If you dont need the LT-135 to clear a PEQ2 (why it exists) you will find it far too high IMO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The LT 139.  Fingers are on backwards today.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You will love the K-Dot... dont forget to adjust the diopter as it comes screwed all the way in and has what appears to be negative magnification at 1X.  A friend who also has an LWRC got one, didnt like the negative magnification at 1X, and sold it before I could get him to simply adjust the diopter correctly.

I'm having a little trouble with the K-Dot's diopter settings.  If I have the diopter set to the most "1X" appearing setting, the image is a little fuzzy.  If I adjust it to the right (I forget which way that is) it shrinks the magnification.  

Is this normal, or am I seeing sideways?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]
great choice...now if they could make it with a shorter sunshade..I would buy another one..
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:26:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
bought mine from Mike @ CSGW 2 years ago
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I could shoot without optics if I had to, but optics really help and takes the strain off my injured eye.  I can use the Aimpoint for in close quite fine, but have a rough time over 100 meters without optics.  4X will make a complete diffetence.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my K-Dot, only thing I don't like about it is that it is a bit hefty.  But hey, you gotta pay to play...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:59:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm having a little trouble with the K-Dot's diopter settings.  If I have the diopter set to the most "1X" appearing setting, the image is a little fuzzy.  If I adjust it to the right (I forget which way that is) it shrinks the magnification.  

Is this normal, or am I seeing sideways?

Different people need different diopter adjustments to see well.  My white mark is at 3 Oclock and I see great at that setting and the image is true 1X on the lowest setting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I should know tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#17]
It's in.  I have to go to Phx for my granddaughter's birthday so I'll give a report next week.
Initial observation.  B;ack. three knobs, holes on both ends. Reticle inside.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Fantastic!  That's pretty much where I am.  It's just sitting in my safe until I get the LaRue SPR-E mount in.  It just got ordered today...  :(

I have a little while to wait I guess.  Hopefully LaRue has them in stock.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I found one on the EandE.  Look there.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top