Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:29:26 PM EDT
Been looking for a riser mount to raise scope about 1/2 to 3/4". Found a lot of brands and a wide range of prices. Wondered if anyone has any opinions as to which is best (or at least acceptable)
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yankee Hill Machine (YHM) Scope riser, Rail riser, or Rail extension. I have a 5" Rail extension on my RRA. Well made and affordable. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for a riser. One piece mount go with Armalite or Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, looking for riser only. Have an Armalite mount and they are good. Not heard of the YHM riser, so I'll take a peek. Thanks.

(PS - where's the best place to get the YHM riser ?)
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine from them. It does not have a separate side clamp device and has to be installed from the rear after removing your charging handle. Mine hit my handguards so I put it on the grinder and remove approx 1/64" of material an inch back from the front. Gives me alot more flexibility with my scopes. If you would like pics IM me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Beer Slayer,

Good to know. If one doesn't remove/reinstall their optics I wouldn't think it would be an issue. I knew they were aluminum but didn't know there was an issue with them wearing. Any more info?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top