Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/3/2007 4:42:59 PM EDT
I just picked up a complete Knight's Armament RAS and it included the metal barrel block that fits on the lower front end of the assembly. However, I could not get the lower handguard past the delta ring with that piece in place. Am I installing it incorrectly? Is it optional? What function does it serve?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems like the two small springs on the metal barrel block might be for applying rearward pressure on the lower rail, so be sure you are pressing the lower handguard forward while trying to get the rear end past the FULLY pulled to the rear delta ring.  Once in place the pair I installed are rock solid.  One pair is on a Colt .gov profile rifle, the other on an FN barrel.

Supposedly the metal thingy is only for mounting an M203.  But if left out some lower rail play is present.  Good luck, try getting another set of hands involved.

Paladin
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

Well, this is definitely going to take four hands...or the right tools. I simply cannot get the thing in place and I'm not convinced I have the slop in my rifle to use it. In fact, without the block, I can push and pull on the lower foregrip, and even with a vertical foregrip attached and I have zero movement. The whole system is way tight.

I'm curious though...what function does it serve with a m203 or anything else for that matter? BTW, I'm mounting on a Colt Gov't profile barrel.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top