Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 4:04:53 PM EDT
besides an Aimpoint. I just want to know who can come close to an Aimpoint. I see specs like 10 hrs run time and I think you would have to be a fool to buy such a sight. My two eotecks do ok (I have the AA models and this is lazer not led tech) and I am planning on replacing one of them with an Aimpoint on my HLPR (Hurricane Loot Prevention Rifle). But I am looking for a red dot for my subgun and batt life would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Passgas55

besides an Aimpoint. I just want to know who can come close to an Aimpoint. I see specs like 10 hrs run time and I think you would have to be a fool to buy such a sight. My two eotecks do ok (I have the AA models and this is lazer not led tech) and I am planning on replacing one of them with an Aimpoint on my HLPR (Hurricane Loot Prevention Rifle). But I am looking for a red dot for my subgun and batt life would be nice.

you have been around this Web site since 01 and ask this question????

If you doubt Aimpoints Spec'd battery life.. why would you believe the spec of anything that may come close...

Here's a news-flash... There are no sights that even come close to an Aimpoint... and the specs are pretty accurate.. most poster (if you took the time to look around and try the search function) will tell you about not changing batteries for several years on there old Aimpoints.

I have an Older M2 that is only on it's second battery in close to 4 yrs. It gets left on all the time...

The Aimpoint is what your looking for... And if you rthink it's to much.. then the battery life issue must not be that important to you..
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not doubt about aimpoints spec. All I am asking is who is in second place when it comes to batterry life. Simple question.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
C-More has a bat life of 1500hrs.  Any other out there longer?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Passgas55

you have been around this Web site since 01 and ask this question????

If you doubt Aimpoints Spec'd battery life.. why would you believe the spec of anything that may come close...

Here's a news-flash... There are no sights that even come close to an Aimpoint... and the specs are pretty accurate.. most poster (if you took the time to look around and try the search function) will tell you about not changing batteries for several years on there old Aimpoints.

I have an Older M2 that is only on it's second battery in close to 4 yrs. It gets left on all the time...

The Aimpoint is what your looking for... And if you rthink it's to much.. then the battery life issue must not be that important to you..

+1

I bought my ML2 AIMPOINT in 2001
JUST CHANGED MY BATTERY A FEW MONTHS BACK
DIDNT EVEN NEED IT
BUT WANTED TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY

MY EOTECH SUCKS COMPARED TO MY AIMPOINT ML2 battery Life
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Trijicon Reflex and Armson OEG do not require batteries.

Of the battery-powered models Aimpoint have been ruling the roost for a while.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear that ACOG's also have really long battery life.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint FTW!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top