Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 11:39:27 AM EDT
OK, so the AK crowd is often considered more "cost conscious".  While perusing optics used for the AK, these caught my eye.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=86

POSP 8x42 D PRO w/ Independent Focus and US MilDot Rangefinder Rifle Scope, Weaver Version ( #GSPOSP842DPROMDW )

It should mount to a flat top AR, 8 power fixed illuminated mil dot .... for a nice price

So what sayeth the masses (who are likely already sharpening axes, bringing oil and tar to a boil and prepping for a good ole lynching )

Savvy?

Sacrilege?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking the exact same thing! I have an AK and love my scope, for the money it has great quality. other than an odd, hybrid look I would say savy! just the adjustments and reticule are rather unique, look through one and play with it first.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was thinking the exact same thing! I have an AK and love my scope, for the money it has great quality. other than an odd, hybrid look I would say savy! just the adjustments and reticule are rather unique, look through one and play with it first.

I'm all about ODD and HYBRID  And I like the Draggie reticle ...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
they have pretty clear glass and are built like motherfucking tanks.  I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Paint it black, who would know?

Im digging it as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they have pretty clear glass and are built like motherfucking tanks.

For real; most Russkie optics weigh 2 pounds, easily.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Russian Engineer: Why use Aluminum tube?  We can make can just make cast one from steel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one weighs 1.87 lbs ...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
2 or 3 projects from now one of those scopes is going on my Enfield for a sorta-retro sniper.  I think you would have to play with riser height to get the scope in the right spot, but other then that I think it's a fine idea.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have seen some Russian scopes that move the reticle instead of moving the optics.  Does this one do that (move reticle off center) to adjust POA?

I have looked at a lot of Russian scopes an the fact the names started with POS always gave me a chuckle.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#10]
dont do it!

I planned the same thing.  first time i tightened it on my flat top, both mounting brackets cracked.

POS
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have seen some Russian scopes that move the reticle instead of moving the optics.  Does this one do that (move reticle off center) to adjust POA?

I have looked at a lot of Russian scopes an the fact the names started with POS always gave me a chuckle.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
dont do it!

I planned the same thing.  first time i tightened it on my flat top, both mounting brackets cracked.

POS

You must have really torqued on those brackets, since they're cast directly into the body of the scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top