Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:55:23 PM EDT
I recently purchased a TA33R-8 compact model ACOG.  I've been wanting an ACOG for quite a while, and have been eying this model for quite some time.  It fit all of my requirements, and then in a moment of "weakness" I grabbed one when it went on sale on Black Friday.

When I first looked through the reticule I thought that it might be slightly off, but figured that it was only because it wasn't mounted.  I dropped it onto the only rifle I had in the shop (Delton upper) to see how it worked out.  Unfortunately as soon as I got it on to the rifle I could tell that it really was canted - the reticule is rotated a few degrees counter-clockwise (far enough to mess with accurate shooting).  Later when I got home I tried it out on several different uppers, of differing brands with no better luck, I am quite sure its the optic, not my rifles.

So, might there anything I can do about it?  Might the problem be the mount? (its the standard flattop adapter that came with the scope).  I'm really rather disappointed, as this is not something I expected with a scope this expensive.  On the other hand, its crystal clear, I really like the reticule and BAC is awesome....  Ah well, just my luck....  

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah come on, nobody's perfect, or Trijicon wouldn't need to have any warranty  Call Trijicon and they'll take care of it
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Give them a call and I'm sure they'll take care of you. Part of that price premium is awesome customer service.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ah come on, nobody's perfect, or Trijicon wouldn't need to have any warranty  Call Trijicon and they'll take care of it

I know, I'm not spitting on Trijicon, they've got good stuff - and a great reputation.  I just figured I'd post here first, in the off chance there was something I was missing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I'm not spitting on Trijicon, they've got good stuff - and a great reputation.  I just figured I'd post here first, in the off chance there was something I was missing.

Oh, You purchased a left handed model.

My friend purchased a TA-01 NSN DOC with a canted retice from the factory.  He was sending it back for a repair/repalcement.  Make sure you get a RMA number from the Trijicon website.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a Chinese AKOG, not a Trijicon ACOG...  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top