Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 10:24:53 PM EDT
hello!
i have a quick release larue aimpoint mount (1st generation)  ..i noticed that it has a small movement when mounted on my bushy flat top...i tried using the supplied wrench to tighten it but still it still moves a little...is this small "play"normal?  please help.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
hello!
i have a quick release larue aimpoint mount (1st generation)  ..i noticed that it has a small movement when mounted on my bushy flat top...i tried using the supplied wrench to tighten it but still it still moves a little...is this small "play"normal?  please help.

thanks

After tightening it up, how hard is it to close & open it?

ETA:  Pics would be helpful.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps you have a clone?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
It's probably just not tight enough. The lever should be pretty tough to close, almost hurting your thumb.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:44:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure you tighten it while the lever is in the open position. It seems obvious to most, but you may not know. It should be stout to close.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top