Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:40:00 AM EDT
How is the sight picture? I would prefer to avoid spending money on an expensive riser.  

With an Eotech you can look above the iron sights and still use the reticle right?

Thanks.

Damon
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello Damon,

I have a standard front sight post on a 16" mid-length rifle with a flattop upper receiver. I added a Eotech w/ a Larue ECOS-C riser because the Eotech is mounted forward enough on the upper to allow the Larue rear back up iron sight (BUIS) to fit and provide me a co-witness set up.

This allows use of the Eotech with iron sights in the lower 1/3 of the Eotech window, so if the Eotech "faints", I have a great back up sight. Out of all the setups available, I feel very comfortable with this one because of the back up ability.

Hope this helps..
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly the same sight picture I have, except my irons are rifle length. Works great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#3]
same here, but with an aimpoint, standard FSB with LaRue in lower 1/3
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input everybody.

Has anyone used the Eotech without a riser so it is directly in-line with the iron sights? It seems like it would defeat the purpous of the Eotech, having to look through the sights anyway.  I want to know if the Larue Eotech riser is worth the money, or if having the Eotech directly on the rail with fixed sights isn't a problem.  Stickman, I know you can help me out with this.
Thank you.

Damon
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input everybody.

Has anyone used the Eotech without a riser so it is directly in-line with the iron sights? It seems like it would defeat the purpous of the Eotech, having to look through the sights anyway.  I want to know if the Larue Eotech riser is worth the money, or if having the Eotech directly on the rail with fixed sights isn't a problem.  Stickman, I know you can help me out with this.
Thank you.

Damon

I use the EoTech without a riser on a 16" bbl carbine. Have also used it with a riser on the same weapon.  Prefer without.  Once the EoTech has been co-wittnessed with the iron sights or zeroed independently at the desired range, the iron sights can be ignored.  They will be there in the middle of the FOV, but you can use the EoTech red dot anywhere in the FOV and it will be zeroed without considering the irons. Personal preference--lighter, cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a great photo to share but here is my M4.  It has a Removable carry handle mounted on the flattop and the EoTech mounted on a KAC FF RAS.

Note:  I don't have a riser and the dot is right on the top of the front sight when I look throght the rear sight.  I use this setup as I also have a Night Vision optic so with this I can remove the carry handle, add the NV optic, press the "NV" button, and use the EoTech in the dark too

It works for me...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Until I got my magnifier I had a fixed front sight and chopped carry handle rear with the Eotech mounted directly onto the reciever. Worked very well for me.

Had to change to a flip-up rear for the magnifier though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Alright that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't have a great photo to share but here is my M4.  It has a Removable carry handle mounted on the flattop and the EoTech mounted on a KAC FF RAS.

www.quarterbore.com/images/qbi_m4a3.jpg

Note:  I don't have a riser and the dot is right on the top of the front sight when I look throght the rear sight.  I use this setup as I also have a Night Vision optic so with this I can remove the carry handle, add the NV optic, press the "NV" button, and use the EoTech in the dark too

It works for me...

what kind of handguard/rail is that?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm using an EOTech without a riser with LMT front and rear sights.  I don't have any problems with it at all.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It works for me...

Knights Armament Free Float RAS (or KAC FF RAS as I had posted above )
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It works for me...

Knights Armament Free Float RAS (or KAC FF RAS as I had posted above )

duh, me!  RIF, I guess.  thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top