Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 7:56:02 AM EDT
How many of you AR guys have a Aimpoint mounted on your carry handle A1 or A2? Do you use a Cheek piece on your collapsible or fixed stock? I have a few extra parts lying about to build another rifle was thinking of trying a carry handle mounted optic. I have never tried this before. Info on your experiences and pics of your mounted set up would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The cheek weld is horrid.  I bought a carry handle mount.  I tried it and ordered a flat top upper within a week.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheek weld should not be a real concern when using a red dot optic, if you are using the red dot correctly.  It is not important as to where the red dot is in relationship to the optical field, only that it is placed on target.  A good example is the Russian PK-AS red dot sight.  The low, offset version mounts completely left of the centerline of the barrel (probably a good inch or more to the left of the barrel).  The high, in-line version mounts probably 2" or more above the receiver.  But both sights work flawlessly when once you remember that a red dot sight is designed to be used with both eyes open and a “heads up” stance.

Standard offset version of PK-AS on the left - High mounted, centered version on the right.

My wife's RRA 9mm carbine with a Burris XTS-135 mounted on the A2 upper.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one and  use an Aimpoint gooseneck.Its a much better cheekweld than on top.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Opinions are nice........but only YOU can determine whether a CH mounted Aimpoint will work for YOU. I’ve mounted Aimpoints in the past on CH’s and never had a problem with cheek weld.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top