Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:01:16 PM EDT
I'll be mounting a Leupold Mark4 1.5x-5x scope on my AR. I have Vltor CASV handguards and a fixed front sight. I was wondering those who have experience with Larue mounts which mount you recommend considering the CASV raises the flat top Approx. 1/2inch. I just don't want any issues of seeing front sight post.

LT-104, LT-158 or LT-135 ?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
While I don't own the CASV handguard, I own a LaRue SPR-E mount with a Trijicon TR-21R. That is a 1.25-4 scope. I have it mounted on a flat top rifle with 20" barrel, and standard front sight base.

When I have the scope set at the 1.25 setting, I can see the FSB ghosting in the glass. However, as soon as I dial the scope up to 2 or higher, it is no longer a problem.

Hope this helps. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply, is the front sight obsecuring  alot when viewed @1.25x ? I'm aware many  people with fixed front sight use a riser sometimes to avoid this, I'm hoping my handguards already fixed this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I only have experience with my Leupold VX-II 1-4 in the SPR mount on a standard flat top. At 4x the front sight is just a blur at the bottom. On 1x it is bothersome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
anyone else ? i can't wait to order
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thanks for the reply, is the front sight obsecuring  alot when viewed @1.25x ? I'm aware many  people with fixed front sight use a riser sometimes to avoid this, I'm hoping my handguards already fixed this.

not obscured, I can still use the scope, but there is a "ghost" of the FSB in the field of view....you can tell it's the front sight. I do not use a riser and generally leave the scope set at 2 or higher... I have an EO Tech for true 1x shooting (also on a LaRue mount)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top