Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:26:34 PM EDT
What are the pro/cons of getting an eotech that takes N batteries or AA? I am thinking AA because of longer battery life and better availability, is there anything else I should know?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
i prefer the AA versions, although I do own a N version. The N one is probably my favorite. here it is:

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
AA as you won't be able to find "N" batts in lithium very easy
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
AA again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I own 2 N versions(bought first) and 1 AA. If I had to do it over again, I would have skipped the N version and went for the AA's. Battery life, availability and price of batteries are my  main reasons. Also with the N version, they tend to drain the battery even when not in use. While mine are in the aafe, I keep a small piece of electrical tape between the batteries and the sight body. This stopped the drainage.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't argue with the AA-ers ... they've got good points. I like the N, though. I've got a 123-cell tact light and I can fit spares for both my N-cell EOTech AND a pair of 123s in my Magpul MIAD grip. You can't fit spare batts for light and optics in there if you go with AAs.

That fact, plus that I like the shortness of the 511 (the N-celler) so that it doesn't protrude over the upper made the decision for me.

Yes, AAs are easier to find and they last longer. But for my use? Not likely going to be a big problem. I've stockpiled a load of Ns in the house, got a couple stuffed into the grip and it's not like Ns are all that hard to find, really. Every grocery store, drug store and lots of convenience stores have them.

I thought hard about this and the battery availability issue was a big argument for AAs. But then I remembered that we all use 123s for our lights without really thinking about that. Try finding 123s at a 7-11.

One man's opinion. You can't go too wrong either way. I really like EOTechs.

And, of course, you could go for the 553 (?) that uses 123s.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
N batteries are easy to find. Stock up on a bunch.

I like my N-cell eotech since it doesn't hang over my handguard like a flaccid penis.

Here's a pic of my set-up:

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
AA

Tack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top