Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:23:03 AM EDT
Hello,

Has anyone used any of the mini-red dot sights for the ACOG?  Which would you consider "the best?"  

I'm looking for one for my issued weapon, but I'd like to have one that was durable enough to lug around, in and out of HMMV's, and through the mountains without breaking or losing zero, that's easy to use, and with sufficient battery life that it does not need to be replaced every week.  

I'm currently looking at the RDP-II, the Doctor, and Trijicon Red-dot, and J-Point models.  Am I overlooking any?  Also, are they all compatible with the same mounts?  Or do they require different mounts?  I'm planning on getting one of the protective wing mounts, as well.  

Also, is the TA01NSN mount, and the TA31F mount the same?  I know that the TA31F mount requires a lower clamp to secure it, but the two top parts look to be the exact same piece, are they?  Can I purchase the TA31F mount, and then use it without the lower clamp mount on a TA01NSN?

Any opinions on which MRD would be best, as well as any input as to whether you'd rather use a TA01NSN or TA31F to piggyback will be welcome as well.  

Thanks,
~Augee
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top