Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2007 1:21:12 AM EDT
If any of you have experience with this scope I would very much appreciate your opinion and any input you would like to share about it.

I am a life-long rifle and benchrest competition rifle shooter, but I am just now entering the AR game. I have always wanted to buy an AR just to play around with, so I finally sent the money off last week for a Rock River Elite Mid Length with LMT enhanced BCG & 16" stainless barrel.

This will only be a plinker/fun time rifle just to try something a bit different for a change, so I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a scope like I do on the benchrest rifles. On the other hand, I absolutely HATE a scope that can't hold zero with at least some degree of decentcy when changing magnification, or some of the other things cheapo scopes are known to do.

I was out at the range today and there was a young man sighting in his new deer rifle with one of these Sightron SII 4.5-14x42 AO scopes on it, so I walked over and asked to take a look at it. I must say that just looking through the scope I was quite impressed, and then finding out that he had bought the scope for under $300 I was really interested.

My questions to you all are, what are your experiences and opinions with this scope, what should I be able to find one for price wise, and where would be the best place to purchase it? The only places that I have found this scope online have been over $350. Thanks for any help you may offer.

Also, any suggestions as to what I am going to need to mount this scope on my RRA Elite with Dominator II would also be very much appreciated and helpful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have three Sightron scopes.  One is the new SII Big Sky target scope, and older model SII target scope and and an older model SII hunting scope.  I have been very pleased with all of them.  The elevation on the target scopes are constantly being adjusted up and down from 100 to 800 yards during the matches I attend.  They have yet to fail to return to zero each time.  The hunting scope has never lost it's zero in the past seven years.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks ozark..Where did you buy them at and do you know what I should expect to pay for the model I'm looking for?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody have one of these or know where to get a good deal on one???
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top