Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:38:02 PM EDT
I was looking into this riser setup for my next project and was looking for input,
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposed to be streamlined and mount with 5 setscrews on the top,  was wondering if this was a good/bad thing?  looks good and gets rid of the knobs but wasnt sure on quality
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Supposed to be streamlined and mount with 5 setscrews on the top,  was wondering if this was a good/bad thing?  looks good and gets rid of the knobs but wasnt sure on quality

I thought I read the 5 setscrews actually dig into the top of the receiver when they are torqued.

That's a bad thing in my book . . .
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
they are supposed to be nylon tipped,  think I will order one just to maybe give it a review
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
i use the one from young machine. it has set screws also they are nylon tipped. does not mar flat top at all. use a drop of lock tight on set screws (blue) . the rail works great and is much cleaner looking with no large knobs or allen bolts on sides.have shot over a 1000 rounds on this upper with no problems.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top