Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2007 3:06:28 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a BUIS and ditch my Tactical handle setup for my Aimpoint CompM3.

While checking out the ARMS products I noticed a new model the 40L-P.
The difference from the 40-L would be a .50 MOA and a notch on the top of the aperture for CQB.

I like it however..... I also liked the Tactical handle which is why I'm asking first before buying this time.
Any comments are appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 2:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Is this so new that no one has used one?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not own a 40L-P but I have a 40A2 and a Troy.  I personally prefer the Troy due to the way it deploys, it's positive lock up and same plane apertures.

Personally, I don't see how that extra notch will do any better in CQB than just using the large aperture.  At room distances sometimes the sights aren't even used unless you are going for head shots.

I would skip the ARMS BUIS and get a Troy instead.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
My two favorite are the Troy and the AMRS#40SL-P.  They are both same plane aperature but the Troy locks in the up position while the ARMS locks in the down position.  I like the Troy a little better because it sits lower and when deployed, the larger aperature is the default aperature.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both the ARMS #40L and ARMS #40L-P.  Both are among the best BUIS's, IMO.  You cannot go wrong with either one, but I give the nod to the new L-P for its finer adjustment.

They are worth the money to me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the recommendations. I didn't think I would get any bad reports on the new(er) 40 but ya never know.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
just an fyi

i have a 40L
i ordered a SP (same plane) apature. couple months ago.. was told there would be a wait.
i got a SP apature with a notch, yesterday

i called them
i believe they said in the future all apatures 40L / 40SP / 40LP will have the notch

its safe to say im one of the only people in the world rocking a 40SP apature with the notch right now

i can provide pics if needed

just an FYI
notch is nice...
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got the 40L-P and I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
No complaints here.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top