Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:49:15 AM EDT
I see that there are some common knock-off optics out there and nobody seems too surprised.  I have 2 questions:

Are there fake Aimpoints,EOTechs and ACOGS?

How does one tell them apart to avoid getting screwed?

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a bad deal on Leupold Mark 4.  It was fake.  It was marked Mark 4 but the serial number looked weird.  Of course I did not get to see the serial number until I had scope on my hand.

I put it on my son's .22
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I see that there are some common knock-off optics out there and nobody seems too surprised.  I have 2 questions:

Are there fake Aimpoints,EOTechs and ACOGS?

How does one tell them apart to avoid getting screwed?

Not sure how to tell them apart unless you had both in your hand, and have seen the real product prior to your purchase.

I'll tell you what I would do.  Buy from an authorized dealer, or order from AR15.com.  The seller here seem to be very up front.  If you see a price too goofd to be true, it most likey is.    Make sure you buy factory sealed...

You can also call the company that made your optice and check the serial number.

good luck.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Facogs dont have lighted reticle()tritium
Aimpoints usually dont have etched Aimpoint on side
No real good looking fake eotechs that I know of

Just take your time when purchasing and get pictures.  Run serial #s also with the companys who are usually willing to help out
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top