Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:40:40 PM EDT
On either an eotech or an aimpoint. I will like to shoot with both eyes. Mostly shooting up close but may shoot at long distances as well. Which one (model number etc.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
1st choice: Aimpoint Comp ML3 or M3, LaRue cantilever mount.
2nd choice: Aimpoint Comp ML2 or M2, LaRue Cantilever mount.
3rd choice: Aimpoint T-1
4th choice: EoTech 553/557
5th choice EoTech 551/552
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking aimpoint as well. My Sgt. likes the eotechs, lol, I may have to back out on him and get me an aimpoint. This gun will be used in high risk search warrants, CQC, and some long distance. Aimpoint still the better choice???
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]
This topic has been rehashed time after time. the real answer is either will be fine.

some like Aimpoint, other will prefer EOTech, heck look at the military...Army went with the Aimpoint (M4) and SOCOM bought into the EOTech (553).

you want to shoot with both eye open?  both optics can do that.

you want fast up close sight, i like the EOtech because of the big 65MOA outer circle, it makes printing the reticle on target super fast.. others had found the 65MOA circle with a 1 MOa dot to be cluttered.

You want to reach out?  EOTech's center dot at 1MOa does not obstruct the target at distance.

then you get an aimpoint guy, he will tell you something else...

so in the end.. which ever you buy, I believe you will extremely happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an Eotech. It works well for CQC ect. I like aimpoint also. I have both but use the Eotech more because I feel better with it. However I would not think twice about using either optic.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top