Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 6:02:00 PM EDT
The Big Brown Truck dropped off my TA11B today!  I'm floored!

I'd never had a chance to look through an ACOG before, so the anticipation was crazy.  It definitely met my expectations!!  The two-eye BAC method is absolutely wicked and seems super fast.  I can use it just like a red dot, no problem.  I can't believe how perfect the brightness/contrast of the reticle stays through various lighting levels.  I keep reaching up to turn it off after I play with it, only to remember theres no batteries or switches to worry about! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/unlrn/etc/ta11b.jpg

Better pics tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll get some worthwhile reticle shots.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Good looking rifle and scope! Question: the front sight bridge looks like it is directly in the way of the ACOG. Doesn't it block your view? I've only seen a few ACOGs but they were all mounted on flattops with not front bridge sight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, you can't see the front sight at all.  If you pull your face away from the scope a ways, you can start to see the FSB, but you have to try pretty hard to see it.  No possibility of it being a distraction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait until you find your first one on the EE for $500, then you'll really do the happy dance. (Ask me how I know)

There really is no comparison to other scopes in the dark.

So did you notice the scripture printed on the side yet?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard about the scripture... but where is it?? I don't think mine has it.  I've looked it over very carefully.  Perhaps its only on the 4x models...

ETA: Found it.  Didn't realize it was just the code for the verse.  Mine is MT5:16

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
you run x3.5 and up FSB not an issue-even with a 16" carbine
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Correct. 3.5x and the FSB is not a problem at all.  16" midlength carbine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm running a 4x on a 20' flattop and the fsb is a minor issue.  More of an excuse really to get a low pro gas block.

That reticle is bad ass.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top