Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:37:24 AM EDT
I'm in the process of building a relatively lightweight bench/target gun out of a post-pan 20inch Hbar I ended up with. I've installed a freefloat handguard and a short gas block and screwed the barrel onto a flattop upper. When finished this gun will be used on the bench, shooting at a range with a maximum 200 yard distance. It's essentially just a fun gun. I have other AR's so this is really just an extra gun that may see most use as a bring-a-friend-to-the-range rifle. I won't be installing any BUIS.

So . . . .

I'm looking for a scope. I want something in the 4-12 or 4-16 power range. I'm looking for a conventional rifle scope. I don't want to spend more than $250 -- and I'd prefer to spend less than $200.. Before y'all chime in that I need to spend more, let me just say this: "Tough. My budget is $250." Please keep your recommendations under that figure.

At this point, I'm considering the 4-12 Bushnell Legend or maybe a low-end Leupold.

What else should I be looking at. What do you guys recommend in a convential rifle scope in the 4-12/4-16 range that cost less than $250?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Mueller?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
while I haven't tried the Bushnell Legend you mention, I do like Weaver scopes in regards to "bang for the buck".

don't know if you can get a 4-12 variable Weaver for under $250 though
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
paper punching from the bench does not need the 4x wide fov, so get the Bushnell 3200 series 10x mildot, good enough to be optional equipment from Barret...

OK, that's an interesting recommendation. When trying to go cheap, fixed power makes a lot of sense — probably better quality for the money than a zoom. And at $172 from Midway (dealer price) that's right in my price range. The reviews on the  Midway site are universally glowing, as well. I'll add this to my short list.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]
For the money, Bushnell.  I was looking at getting a whitetail classic or other.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It's on the edge of your budget, but the samplelist has Super Sniper 10x fixed scopes for 249 fairly often.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top