Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2007 12:20:09 AM EDT
once again im sitting here contemplating on options for my AR. which would you prefer... a trijicon accupoint 3-9x40 w/ larue spr-e OR a ACOG 4x32 w/BAC? the accupoint is a bit less which im considering because both have the BAC feature which is what im trying to achieve. now ive never handled a accupoint, would the accupoint set on the lowest magification "perform" alot like a acog?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Apples and oranges. It would depend on the application. Are you using this to shoot people, paper, deer, or all three?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
good point... realistically i shoot paper target and such...occationaly i shoot coyotes... and in the rare event of someone breaking in or something along the lines of that then i guess shooting people.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless oyu live in a HUGE house, no scope will be helpful if someone breaks into your house. So that leaves target and coyote.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
good point... realistically i shoot paper target and such...occationaly i shoot coyotes... and in the rare event of someone breaking in or something along the lines of that then i guess shooting people.

I would go with the accupoint in that case. :) The ACOG is really for shooting at human silhouttes, not targets or coyotes. You can tell that by the reticle design. I would save your money. I think you'll get more use out of the accupoint since it is 3-9x and not just 4x or 5.5x.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
how about durability? cuz i know i could drop my aimpoint and nothing would even happen to it and im sure its the same thing with a acog.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
nevermind i just picked up a acog on EE for a good price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top