Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 2:45:48 PM EDT
I just bought a Leupold MK4 CQ/T and want to replace the mount it came with.  Thing is, it already sits high enough for me.  I was wondering if anybody knew which mount (ARMS or LaRue) sits the lowest?  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just bought a Leupold MK4 CQ/T and want to replace the mount it came with.  Thing is, it already sits high enough for me.  I was wondering if anybody knew which mount (ARMS or LaRue) sits the lowest?  Thanks all.

I checked out the ARMS and was less than impressed. I waited close to a year for LaRue to make their new mount and it is first rate, much higher quality. As for the hight difference, I'm not sure which is lower but the difference between the two is most likely less than 1/16".    
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I just received my LaRue CQ/t mount.  I don't have it with me to measure, but I'll estimate it's about 1/8" high.  I noticed no difference (stock weld)from the stock mount.  LaRue is the way to go, nice mount!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Larue posted that info here. I think his # was 3/32" higher than the Leupold 'clamp'.

How y'all liking those Leupolds?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Larue posted that info here. I think his # was 3/32" higher than the Leupold 'clamp'.

How y'all liking those Leupolds?

I have three rifles, one with a CQ/T, one with an AimPoint M3 and one with a Trijicon Mini-Acog TA-33-8. All are nice but performance wise the CQ/T blows the other two away.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out and shoot with it yet.  

But in the meantime here's a picture of my rifle with the CQT

And one with my ampoint mounted along with my roomate's rifle and our 1911s.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got my CQ/T with the LaRue mount, and I gotta say the LaRue is a slick piece.
Can't wait to see what it can do
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the LaRue you won't be sorry.  I just got mine yesterday and its a slick mount.

Daryn
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
By the way, a BUIS will not fit (at least the ARMS 40) under the Leupold CQ/T with the standard mount.  I just got my LaRue mount for the CQ/T and now I have a great mount and my BUIS also fits nicely underneath.

Daryn
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
By the way, a BUIS will not fit (at least the ARMS 40) under the Leupold CQ/T with the standard mount.  I just got my LaRue mount for the CQ/T and now I have a great mount and my BUIS also fits nicely underneath.

Daryn

My Troy BUIS fit fine under the Leupold mount.  The LaRue is still the way to go
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daryn

My Troy BUIS fit fine under the Leupold mount.  The LaRue is still the way to go

As does mine.  Definately leaning towards the LaRue.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top