Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/21/2007 3:20:23 PM EDT
For each of these, which aperture is in position when the sight is flipped up?

I heard the the #40L flips up with the small aperture in place, and the #40 flips up with the large aperture in place, is that correct?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the 40L flips up with the small ap. in place. Not sure about the other.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
....and the #40 flips up with the large aperture in place, is that correct?

Thanks.

Correct.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the answers guys.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I just recieved my ARMS 40 and put directly on flat top behind my Eotech.  I dont know how I lived without it.  All the debate about cowitness, or positioning in lower 1/3 etc. I am glad to say was irrelevant once I actually had the site on my rifle.  While I likely will leave it down, co-witnessing is not as distracting as I had envisioned.

Happy camper here.

bigtwinhog
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread may have saved me from another expensive experiment. I thought that the L in 40L referred to "low" .  My present BUIS has 2 apertures and I was thinking that the ARMS was the same.  Now I'm getting that the #40L has only the smaller aperture in it and the #40 has only the larger aperture. Is that correct?  I was thinking about the ARMS because the BUIS that I chose is a little close to the rear of the Eotech.  How much room is there on the setup that you have?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The #40L is a low-profile. Both of them have two apertures. The difference is that when you flip up the #40L the small aperture will be in place, and when you flip up the #40 the large aperture will be in place.

I was asking because I prefer the large aperture and didn't want to have to change the aperture every time I flip the sight up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
No that is not correct.  The 40 has both apertures but the default is the large aperture.  The 40L also has both apertures with the default as the small aperture.

I use a 40.  The sight can only be lowered & locked with the site in large aperture position.  Personally I prefer this set-up.

So far the 40 has been rock solid & holds zero perfectly.  With both my EOTECH & my M2 with Arms base & full spacer co-witness perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]

I was asking because I prefer the large aperture and didn't want to have to change the aperture every time I flip the sight up.

Yup, me too. I wanted a sight that works more like a ghost ring rear at close range. Have you seen the #40L-SP?  Would that be closer to what we were looking for?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yup, me too. I wanted a sight that works more like a ghost ring rear at close range. Have you seen the #40L-SP?  Would that be closer to what we were looking for?

I think so; On their website is says you can remove the small aperture if you want the large one only.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Indeed, but they don't tell you  how.  I've Been looking at mine and can't figure it out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Indeed, but they don't tell you  how.  I've Been looking at mine and can't figure it out.

I'm glad it's not just me.  I was reading someones post that was asking how to flip his apertures over. It was a queestion of use a larger hammer. No one told him they were tight as they were. I could see me posting the same kind of question. I pay a lot of money (for me anyway) for a sight and the mfgs. toss it into a padded mailer or ziplock baggie and rush off to cash my check.  I don't know how I'd be doing if I hadn't found this forum.

When you find out about removing the aperture, let us know. It'll save me having to ask, and probably a lot of others too.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top