Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2007 4:44:00 PM EDT
Does anyone make a Picatinny rail for the Ruger MK III .22 pistol? I can't find anything on Google.

Alternatively, can the weaver-style rail that comes with the pistol be modified?

I'm trying to put a mil-spec Aimpoint on a MK III Hunter.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Wiegand or Power Custom. If the problem is the squared vs. rounded slots then a bit of work with a small file will fix it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Wiegand or Power Custom. If the problem is the squared vs. rounded slots then a bit of work with a small file will fix it.

That's exactly what the problem is. I'll give the file a try and see if I can be precise enough not to ruin a rail. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure the slot is deep enough so the cross piece doesn't bottom out before the base rests on the rail.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 2:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Aimpoint makes a mount for Weaver rails
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I gave up trying to modify the Weaver rail. I ordered a Picatinny from Tactical Solutions, but it's much shorter than the stock rail and Tac Sol doesn't know if it's compatible with an Aimpoint (they've never tried it).

Guess I'll report back when it arrives.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top