Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:56:01 PM EDT
im building up a MRP rifle length 18ss and im trying to find an optic, i dont want to spend much more then 1k id rather spend less. im leaning toward the IOR 1.5-8x26 Tactical 35mm
but i also like the VX-III 4.5-14x40mm Varmint Hunter#61125,which is far less, but not illuminated or comes with rings(additional cost).  anyone have any other opinions/options.
i want variable power to at least 8 and that has some type of ballistic reticle. illumination is not a requirement but a plus. i have searched and read but i still cant decide.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The 1.5-8x IOR is a great choice.  It's too bad  the 35mm tube limits your mount options.  I assume you'd use the included rings, but how will you mount it to your receiver?  
I'm under the impression mounting it directly to the receiver rail will result in a scope position that's too far back.

Have you considered the IOR 2.5-10x42mm?  It's a bit cheaper, and the 30mm tube will allow the use of LaRue's excellent LT 104 mount.

I used this mount with my 1.8-10x37mm USO, and the position is perfect.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you're using LMT's MRP upper.  That's perfect for the IOR 1.5-8x26mm as you can mount the scope exactly where you need it.  

I'd also vote for the IOR 2-12x32mm if you'd like to have adjustable parallax.

And if Burris ever decides to ship, their 3-12x50mm XTR might be worth a look also.

Finally, the Nikon Tactical line deserves your consideration.  Here's a recent thread on Snipershide.com

www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=005946

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Nikon Tactical.  I have the 2.5-10X44 illuminated mildot.  A phenomenal scope with the best glass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i look at a few Leupold's to day that i liked the local shop didn't have the varmint reticle but they had the Boon & Crockett which i like, so id image the varmint reticle would be to my liking as well. im not really looking for a mil dot or duplex reticle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top