Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2006 3:01:43 PM EDT
The ACOG appears to be the rolls-royce of combat optics for the AR, but I like the Aimpoint with the add on magnifier as well.  I saw a cool setup today where the magnifigation unit could flip to the side for just using the dot.

All told, I think either route is going to cost about the same - so I was intersted in opinions on one route vs the other.

Should I consider anything else as well?

Thanks for any help.

-Calvin
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to me that the Aimpoint + magnifier will result in the dot covering an awful lot of the target, particularly at longer ranges where the magnifier would be really useful.

Then again, I don't own either an Aimpoint nor an ACOG, and when I get an optic it'll almost certainly be an EOtech, so take my opinion as you will.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Seems to me that the Aimpoint + magnifier will result in the dot covering an awful lot of the target, particularly at longer ranges where the magnifier would be really useful. Then again, I don't own either an Aimpoint nor an ACOG, and when I get an optic it'll almost certainly be an EOtech, so take my opinion as you will.

The unit magnifies BOTH the dot and target by 3X, relative size of the dot stays the same.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Get both!

But, get the ACOG first.  It is 4x magnification whereas the Aimpoint+Magnifier is 3x.  The ACOG will weigh less and will be less cumbersome because it will take up less space on the rifle.  If you want the ability to have both magnified and unmagnified optics, get the TA31RCO-M4 + Doctor Optic short dot.  

But, eventually, you will get both.  I started out with one AR with an Eotech 552.  I now have 3 AR's.  One with the Eotech, one with a TA31RCO-M4 ACOG, and one with an Aimpoint Comp M3.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
TA31RCO-m4+doc optic short dot??????????????????????????????

get the TA31DOC with cros hairs instead of the chevron

Screw batteries!!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top