Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:13:38 PM EDT
I wish to mount an eotech 512 on a flattop dissipator upper. I don't care about quick release as I have no intentions of removing the eotech and I can always remove the eotech from the riser if I need to. I will need a BUIS also. Is the RRA all in one buis and riser the way to go or separate riser and buis?? I wont ask which buis as I see everyone has a favorite. Obviously reliability and a rock stable platform is the issue i.e. if the RRA came loose I lose the eotech and buis. I don't want to buy 3 mounts while I figure out what works. As far a co witness, I like the idea of the irons in the botton 1/3 of the eotech. Thanks for the help!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wish to mount an eotech 512 on a flattop dissipator upper. I don't care about quick release as I have no intentions of removing the eotech and I can always remove the eotech from the riser if I need to. I will need a BUIS also. Is the RRA all in one buis and riser the way to go or separate riser and buis?? I wont ask which buis as I see everyone has a favorite. Obviously reliability and a rock stable platform is the issue i.e. if the RRA came loose I lose the eotech and buis. I don't want to buy 3 mounts while I figure out what works. As far a co witness, I like the idea of the irons in the botton 1/3 of the eotech. Thanks for the help!!!!

I feel that if you need the quick release or not the LaRue is the only way to go.  Add the LaRue BUIS and you have the best setup out there.  I wouldn't mind trying the dominator mount to see how it works, but the LaRue setup wouldn't be a whole lot more $.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned both, and I like both for their intended purposes.

If you REALLY and truly won't need to pop the EOTech off and on, or more likely, swap it between rifles, then get the RRA.  It ain't coming off, and it's a VERY solid mount.  Use LocTite on the two screws (as you should for any BUIS on your AR) and you're good.

You can't beat the LaRue for quick on/off and return to zero capability, but again, if you don't need it, you don't need it.

The LauRue QD mount IS cheaper than the RRA Dominator, BUT the Dominator (from a dealer here on the EE) does cost less than the LaRue QD mount AND the LaRue BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top