Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2006 3:07:46 PM EDT
I have been very agitated comparing these scopes, did some independent research, thought I would post it. I got in on the group buy, I will have it next week hopefully.
These are technical specs only, no room for opinions on this one since I do not own either. Hope this helps to anyone else.

...........Meopta K-Dot: ----------------------------------------------------------S&B Flash-Dot

Weight: 16.9oz..................................................................................16oz

FOV @ 100yards:111/25.8...................................................................96/30

Objective: 30mm...............................................................................24mm

Eye Relief: 3.1in................................................................................3.35-3.7in(differs on schmidt/bender homepage?)

Tube Diameter: 30mm........................................................................30mm

Cost: approx $750...............................................................................approx $1850

Magnification:1x-4............................................................................1.1x-4

Recticle: Illuminated K-Dot, w/7 intensity settings..........................................Illuminated Flash-Dot, w/11 intensity settings

Overall Length:11.8in.........................................................................10.6inch

Click Values:1/4in...............................................................................1/2in

Focal Plane: 2nd.................................................................................2nd

Warranty:Lifetime, transferable................................................................30years

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the meopta had 1/2in. click values?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
nope, 1/4inch clicks
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And if you got in on the group buy, you could have got 3 Meoptas and 3 Larue mounts for the price of a mounted S&B...

IMO, (an opinion that has no bullets flying near it everyday) the glass on the S&B would have to be OUTSTANDING to be that kind of pricey

I have shot with the Short Dot, (first version or so they say), and I did notice the 'blue tint'

My meopta from the group buy has yet to arrive, i'll be able to get a better 'comparison' when it arrives from csgunworks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Few things...

Meopta is 22mm Objective not 30mm. Exit pupil is 5.5mm compared to the 6mm of the S&B at 4X.  The glass is so good in the Meopta this hardly matters but it is a difference.

Meopta has no NV settings on the illumination, it has no auto off if left on and is honestly a lil too bright on the 1 setting for night shooting... it has a very slight bloom even at setting one.

Meopta retails for $720 not $750

Meopta has no ranging ability.  You have to set it to 50/200 yard zero and just use the top of the bottom post for ~300 yard shooting (I have not tried that yet). The adjustments are under a cap.  Dunno if the Flash Dot has target turrets or not.

The Meopta is 1.5cm per click at 100m.  Thats about 1/2" at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thats about 1/2" at 100 yards.

I thought so.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top