Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2006 6:09:50 PM EDT
I wanna have a decent set up flip up sights on my 9mm project, and can't decide between MI and Troy.  The front sites will both be the forarm rail mounted units.  My main question is: Which one is the most solid when locked in the upright position?  I have had YHM units, and I hate the little bit of wiggle...... I know it's going on a 9mm and probably won't get used past 25 yards at the range, but you know what?   I like solid gear..... So, of you guys have one of these, please chime in.....BTW, if anyone has any good pics of the units in the folded position, that would be good too.  Which is lower profile?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The Troy is one of, if not the lowest rear BUIS around.  And when deployed, they lock in the up position.  The Troy sights are the most expensive, but they are probably the best around.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO I like the Troy the best of all the BUIS I have had.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.  I guess my question is, do the MI lock as tight as the Troy, truthfully, they will see light use, and as long as they don't wiggle I'm happy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  I guess my question is, do the MI lock as tight as the Troy, truthfully, they will see light use, and as long as they don't wiggle I'm happy.

MI sights are GREAT. They are good to go.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top