Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2006 6:44:11 PM EDT
I know this has been done to death and i know some people dont like clones and I know buying the real thing is the right thing to do but I dont have that much money and never will so Im looking at jackyiscxd's clone acogs......

I know Carry-A-Big-Stick did a review on it on their site but I havent seen anything else reguarding durability or quality.  I plan on using it on my plinker and also want to duracoat/krylon it.

Again please dont lecture me on what buying clones does to the economy or what religion I should partake in. Just looking for info from OWNERS or FRIENDS OF OWNERS.
(sorry for all the dont post stuff but Ive seen these threads get ugly)
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
nobody has anything?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using my Aimpoint clone on my AR15 for the past year. I have shot at least 1000 rounds with it atop my rifle, and have competed in 5, 3-gun matches with it. It has worked fine for me, it holds zero and hasn't crapped out yet. I'm not a cop, soldier, or mercenary so I don't use my rifle in life or death scenarios. For me it has been worth the money.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Luis Leon

P.S. If you're buying it to play at the range, or just to try at some local/state matches, I think you'll do fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Again please dont lecture me on what buying clones does to the economy...

Conscience guilty enough as it is?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh I ended up buying a TAO1 off EE so I supported trijicon in a round about way. I would still like to hear what the deal is on these facogs
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Where did you find the replica ACOGs?  Just wondering how much they are and compared to the real ones.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where did you find the replica ACOGs?  Just wondering how much they are and compared to the real ones.

1337tactical.com
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I might be interested in getting one depending on the reviews.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I might be interested in getting one depending on the reviews.

There is one on his website and I asked another guy who was selling one on EE and they both seem to be pretty good. The only complaint of the one guy was that it had bad eye relief(my TA01 isnt great either and takes getting used to) and that there were rough edges around the glass that appeared when looking through although it wasnt in the field of vision and more less just annoying.

I was gonna sell of my TA01 and get a facog but for what I got mine for I might just keep it and know its backed up by trijicon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2006 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I might buy one for shit and giggles, just for plinking only.  does anyone have pictures of one that they bought? and how have they worked so far??
Link Posted: 9/9/2006 1:36:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered one Thursday.  Shipping is supposed to be 3-5 days from Canada but we will see.  I will post some pics once I get it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2006 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I received my ACOG clone earlier this week and went to the range this morning.  It was relatively easy to zero using the TA01NSN instructions and zeroing target.  I've got the TA01NSN manual and zeroing instructins in PDF so email me if you need it.  I zeroed at 100 yards and then used the 200 meter stadia line to shoot a target at 200 yards.  I was able to get good hits at 200 yards with ease.  The only thing to note is that the arrows on the range and elevation knobs are backwards as noted in the review on 1337Tactical's web site.

I removed the ACOG clone and installed my 1337Tactical Aimpont clone with the ARMS style mount.  Popped off a few rounds at 50 yards (Aimpoint clone and ARMS clone mount does reatain the zero).  Then I removed the red dot and reinstalled the ACOG clone.  Went back to my 100 yard targets.  ACOG clone retained the zero just fine.

All in all, this is a really neat little 4X scope and the ranging retical appears to be accurate at least out to 200.
Link Posted: 9/9/2006 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
i have one im very happy with it. i use it alot and it gets banged around in the process but its never lost its zero. great buy if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2006 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
glad to hear that these do pretty well. I am thinking of selling my TA01 and getting one.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Any of you using the ARMS #19 mount for this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
glad to hear that these do pretty well. I am thinking of selling my TA01 and getting one.  

DON'T DO IT!

I had a FACOG and I was also impressed with it until I tried to zero it.  

POI WAS 6 FEET RIGHT OF TARGET WITH NO MORE ADJUSTMENT AVAILABLE.

I dumped that POS and got a TAO1 and I love it.  The glass is brighter and the reticle is sharp and clean.  The FACOG reticle is painted on and mine was chipped all over.
The tritium is great for low light conditions and plus it has a real warranty from a company located in the US.

Jacky is a nice guy and said he would exchange mine WTF! I was not goint to pay to ship it to him and wait a week one way to him and then wait another week for it to come back.
Remeber you do get what you pay for, at least with REAL ACOG's you do.  
YMMV

Wirehead Out!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]
i really enjoy mine, i even bought mine used.  Its accurate as shit for me and holds a zero real well.  its no pin point leupold but at 100-150 yards im tagging a pop can all day long.  good enough for coyote work and hogs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top