Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 5:58:45 PM EDT
With an EOTECH do you have to center the reticle equally in the box? The manual really doesn't say and I've read it a few times.

I haven't got to shoot with it yet and I probaly won't get to until this weekend, but in the mean time I've been checking it out and with it mounted on my flat top Bushy it seems like the reticle moves around a lot more than I expected. It appears to really highlight the importance of the same cheekweld every time. The reticle really changes posistion with differant placement of my eye/head. I'm hoping I don't understand the concept but it appears that it's not as great as I thought it was.  Please provide some input.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No, that's the beauty of the holographic sights.  Once you zero the optic, if you can see the reticle, it still holds point of impact.  They allow you to not have to worry about keeping the same cheekweld and still be able to hit your target.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, that's the beauty of the holographic sights.  Once you zero the optic, if you can see the reticle, it still holds point of impact.  They allow you to not have to worry about keeping the same cheekweld and still be able to hit your target.

+1

that was the major selling point of the optic for me
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Awsome, that's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I would suggest just zero the badboy and then when you see that dot, that dot is the target, dead on. After you put a few thousand rounds thru their sights once zeroed, then you will see what I am saying and not suggesting. I have 2 on 2 each Bushmaster 16 in carbine M4 types and they are bad ass at 50, 100 and much more.
Which Bushmaster / BUIS and EOTech did you get?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
yea its a parallax free sight
once you zero it anywhere in the screen you see the dot is where it hits
its made to be able to throw up fast see a red circle put it on the target an shoot without finding the same cheekweld
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I got the 16 inch Bushy M4 last year but I just picked up the 512AA off of the EE. I don't have any BUIS yet because I don't have the cash for it.  Which BUIS are you using?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got the 16 inch Bushy M4 last year but I just picked up the 512AA off of the EE. I don't have any BUIS yet because I don't have the cash for it.  Which BUIS are you using?

ARMS 40, and it works great with my 552 and Bushy. 100% co-witnessed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top