Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:14:15 PM EDT
Hi all,

Im wanting to try out a EOtech. Only problem is Im red/green colour blind. I can see the dot in a red dot scope but cant get my hands on a holosight to give it a go (Im down in New Zealand). Before taking a chance and getting one sent down here I was wondering if any of you guys were colour blind and how this effects your view through these types of scope (or a red dot for that matter).

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I am profoundly color blind.  I do not have any trouble using the EOTech that is mounted on my AR.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a good friend that is color blind. He can not see red at all. As a result he can't see any of the red dots on my rifles. Everyone has different eyes. Try heading down to a local gun shop and ask if they'll let you look through one. Its the only way to know really.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#3]
<-Red green colorblind - no problem using the EOTech.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Colorblind here also...
Have both an Eotech & Aimpoint, no problems.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent - thanks for that guys. Always a bit of a risk when getting things brought in from the good ole U.S.A as often postage costs can make returning items not viable.

Thanks for your time :)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
 For those of you who are color blind what do reddots look like to you,grey?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
The potential problem with red/green color blindness is that red is very hard to see when up against a green background - it kind of just merges in. In really bad cases it will dissapear into green alltogether, although it depends on what kind of red it is and how bright it is. A good example is that if you have a large green tree with red flowers a color blind person they cannot see the flowers - the tree will just be green.

Its not as bad as it sounds and its not really a problem - you get used to it.

Im thinking that because the red dot is actually on a different plane quite close to your eye its not so much as a problem but being bright and illuminated probably helps to.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top