Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 8:22:00 AM EDT
I got my income tax return and I am about to purchase a 511.

But before I do, I was wondering if Eotech is about to come out
with rev.G ?
Or if they are about to come out with any other new improved product?

Does anyone here have the "inside" scoop on Eotech plans?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]
think they have the 553 coming out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the plan is to continue pumping out the same thing (the government is still ordering.)  

Eventually (like 12 months or more, they hope to release the 600meter Eo tech with 4 power magnifier.)

The 553 was supposed to be out- I guess that hasn't happened?  

I like the 554- I don't see the point in raising the sight height.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they hope to release the 600meter Eo tech with 4 power magnifier

What is this 600m Eotech of which you speak  New reticle to go with the magnifier
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The 553 will be out this summer.   This photo was taken at SHOT show in February.

I think this photo was from SMGLee, so thanks Chen for letting me use it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The 553 will be out this summer.   This photo was taken at SHOT show in February.
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/bravo551/EOTech553.jpg

Any idea how much the 553 will cost?  Roughly the same as the current EOs or will they jack up the price?

I sure hope it comes in black, I don't want a brown sight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder what the price will be for the magnified EO??   I really want one, but would prefer a magnified version

I had a friend of mine who can buy wholesale, price the current EO's for me, and his source lists the 553 at about $185 higher than a 551  (description EOTECH MODEL 553 CR 123 LITHIUM BATTERY MODEL. 65 MOARING, 1 MOA DOT DUAL ARMS THROW LEVERS W/ 7MM RAISED BASE. 66' SUBMERSION RATING, NIGHT VISION COMPATIBLE) The ARMS throw levers would just about be that difference though..

brian
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice, its raised!  No more risers to co-witness the iron sights! I like!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:49:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea how much the 553 will cost?  Roughly the same as the current EOs or will they jack up the price?

I sure hope it comes in black, I don't want a brown sight.

Suggested List Price on the 553 is $639.  Street price will most likely be a little less.  It may be offered in black in the future, but for now USSOCOM is requiring the "Flat Dark Earth" color.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice, its raised!  No more risers to lower 1/3rd co-witness the iron sights! I like!

Some people still like having the irons in the middle of the screen, that's why I'm sticking to my 512 Rev. F.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]
wats new in the 553?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the Eotech 3x Magnifier coming out on the same timeframe as the 553??? I would really like to see a black version available along with the tan.

My head is about to fall off waiting for the 553.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Judging from this pic... it looks like with the dual mounts, you won't be able move it forward enough to get a BUIS on it... anyone else see that?

David
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Judging from this pic... it looks like with the dual mounts, you won't be able move it forward enough to get a BUIS on it... anyone else see that?

David

It looks like they can move it another 2 slots forward. It's supposed to be shorter than the 512/552 so BUIS options shouldn't be a problem.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David

Where do you get that from?  It's got 2 notches worth of space up at the front it can still be moved onto.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
<snip>
Where do you get that from?  It's got 2 notches worth of space up at the front it can still be moved onto.   <snip>

I get that from the poor pic. I can see the 2 slots... but unless you have a different picture, I can't see the back of the mount... can you??

That's why I asked "anyone else see that?"... Good God. You'd think you shit it out yourself. I have a 512... I like it. That looks like a sweet mount, better than my GG&G. This is why I asked the question. Not to get a condescending retort.

David
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I think you READ a condescending reply.  I didn't WRITE one...

I was simply stating it wasn't sitting all the way forward.

I don't really understand what your response means or what "Good God. You'd think you shit it out yourself." means but that doesn't sound non-condescending to me...

I can clearly see where the back of the Eotech is and that's all there is to the entire contraption.  

Take the angle of the line of the rear of the charging handle and carry that over to the back edge of the Eotech and that's where it will carry through across the rail.  

If you move the Eotech forward as far as it will go, you'll have at least two if not three notches at the rear to mount a BUIS.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think you READ a condescending reply.  I didn't WRITE one...

I was simply stating it wasn't sitting all the way forward.

I don't really understand what your response means or what "Good God. You'd think you shit it out yourself." means but that doesn't sound non-condescending to me...

I can clearly see where the back of the Eotech is and that's all there is to the entire contraption.  

Take the angle of the line of the rear of the charging handle and carry that over to the back edge of the Eotech and that's where it will carry through across the rail.  

If you move the Eotech forward as far as it will go, you'll have at least two if not three notches at the rear to mount a BUIS.  

I just couldn't tell how much room was there was on the back side. Some BUIS take 1 slot... some take 2. I just couldn't tell how many slots there were.

David
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Well it looks like there might be one in the back but not much room in front of it.  So by my guess, moving the Eotehingy up where it "should" go will give 2 or 3.  

I wish I could recall offhand what my CCH BUIS and KAC 300m need in front of their mounting slot...

The CCH butts right up against the rear of my LaRue Eotech riser and the KAC comes really close.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
deleted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder If the DD Rail has the Proper Rail spacing to allow it to go both on my Upper and My DD rail.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wonder If the DD Rail has the Proper Rail spacing to allow it to go both on my Upper and My DD rail.

Unlikely, in my experience.  But it looks like the optic should fit entirely on the upper with room for BUIS behind it, so I'm a happy camper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
BTT,

I want one for my Middy

Later,

Badredfish
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top