Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2006 6:45:53 PM EDT
Actually, Im looking for an alternative to the Wilson. I have a RRA Midlength upper. It does not have an F marked FSB. Initially I went with an Arms 40. I had to use the bushmaster tall front site to get it on paper. I switched to the Wilson BUIS and dialed down the rear sight a bit. All was well.

I just switched to a Larue Eotech Mount/ 552 in front of the Wilson. The rear sight hangs over the flat top. Not quite  enough room to get the Wilson to but up against the Larue mount.

Changing the FSB would solve the problem, but that is a bit of a pain in the ass. I would like to use a rear BUIS either fixed or folding that has an elevation adjustment. I need one that takes up as little space as possible. The LMT and DPMS do not look like they will fit.

Any suggestions????
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What you need is the KAC600M.  Folds VERY flat, and takes up minimal space.  It's the best of the elevation adjustable folding sights.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What you need is the KAC600M.  Folds VERY flat, and takes up minimal space.  It's the best of the elevation adjustable folding sights.

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Forest comes through again. Thanks!  You sent me some very useful articles a few months ago.

Where is the best place to get the KAC?? Will the 300M work as well?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where is the best place to get the KAC?? Will the 300M work as well?

KAC - see Wes at MSTN.biz, he sold me mine.

The 300M isn't elevation adjustable.  It's about the simplist of the BUISes.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
The 600M looks good, but the aperature seems a wee bit tiny for my purposes. Any difficulty with some 50 M and less rapid fire work??
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The 600M looks good, but the aperature seems a wee bit tiny for my purposes. Any difficulty with some 50 M and less rapid fire work??

It's not as fast as the large aperture - but large aperturs are kinda useless for the 600M work it was designed form.   You could always open it up a little bit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top